SharePoint 2010

Monday, August 22, 2011

Converting Visual Studio Ultimate to Pro. Alternate title... "RadLangSvc.Package, RadLangSvc.VS, Version = 10.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 89845dcd8080cc91′ failed to load"

I ran into an issue today when trying to apply the license my boss purchased for our visual studio. Unfortunately he bought the wrong version. So now I will have to scrap the automated forms that were developed in Infopath. Fine. Ok. I can deal with that. Uninstalling Ultimate... Installing Professional....Launching Professional.... BOOM "RadLangSvc.Package, RadLangSvc.VS, Version = 10.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 89845dcd8080cc91′ failed to load". Over and over and over.

Something is amiss. What I am thinking at this point is that these must be features left over from Ultimate that I will miss dearly.

Revo to the rescue. Revo is an uninstalling utility that I have used for years. Great uninstallation program to make sure that I get out all the little leftovers that programs so often leave behind. I uninstalled everything that said Visual Studio. Installing Pro version... Launching.... WORKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment